TERMS AND CONDITIONS
H2 Life Terms and Conditions 2024/25
Please note the below terms and conditions do not apply to ‘Long Stay’ bookings made under a long-term rental lease.
PAYMENT SCHEDULE FOR SIGNATURE AND LUXURY COLLECTION BOOKINGS
- For bookings where the check-in date occurs between December 1st 2024 and April 25th 2025 inclusive:
a. A non-refundable deposit of 20% of the accommodation cost is due at time of booking to confirm your reservation with H2 Group.
b. Full payment is required 60 days prior to your check-in date with H2 Group. Failure to do so will result in the reservation being cancelled. The deposit paid will be non-refundable in the event of cancellation.
- For bookings where the check-in date occurs between April 27th 2024 and November 30th 2024 inclusive:
a. Full payment is required 7 days prior to your check-in date with H2 Group. Failure to do so will result in the reservation being cancelled.
b. This payment policy does not apply to any long stay bookings, package bookings or event bookings (such as Jolly Fox Niseko).
PAYMENT SCHEDULE FOR HAKULIFE COLLECTION BOOKINGS
- This policy applies to all bookings, regardless of the check-in date.
- A non-refundable deposit of 50% of the accommodation cost is due at time of booking to confirm your reservation with H2 Group.
- Full payment is required 90 days prior to your check-in date with H2 Group. Failure to do so will result in the reservation being cancelled. The deposit paid will be non-refundable in the event of cancellation.
- Payment shall be made by bank transfer, unless an alternative method is agreed to by H2 Group in writing.
- If credit card payment is agreed to in advance by H2 Group in writing, an additional charge of 3.75% will be applied.
- Any remittance fee related charges will be paid by the sender.
- A security deposit of ¥2,000,000 is due at time of the accommodation balance payment to cover any incidental charges or damages.
- The Security deposit will be refunded within 7 days of check-out.
- All rates and payments to be in Japanese Yen.
- All quoted rates will be valid for 7 days from time of quoting.
- No discounts will be applied other than what has been communicated by email.
- For the HakuLife Collection, the nightly rate is a package rate inclusive of accommodation, butler and private chef services, and use of a chauffeured-driven vehicle in areas around Grand Hirafu, Hanazono, Niseko Village and Annupuri. Food and beverage as per in-house dining benefits and menu is also included.
PAYMENT, BANK FEES & CHARGES
- Credit card payments may take up to 8 weeks to appear on your credit card statement. The time of the charge and any exchange rates issues are not within our control and must be absorbed by the card holder. Please note that credit card processing times are out of the control of H2 Group and its partners.
- H2 Group cannot be held accountable for any exchange rate fluctuations for any payments or refunds processed. These fluctuations are outside of our control and must be absorbed by the card holder.
- Some additional services booked on your behalf (upon your request) may require cash/credit card payment directly to 3rd party service providers. We are not responsible for any additional fees or charges that may occur for the 3rd party payments.
- Overdue payments will incur a penalty of 10,000 JPY.
CANCELLATION CONDITIONS FOR SIGNATURE AND LUXURY COLLECTION BOOKINGS
- For winter bookings where the check-in date occurs between December 1st 2024 and April 25th 2025 inclusive:
a. If the booking is cancelled more than 60 days before check-in date the fee incurred is the 20% non-refundable deposit.
b. If the booking is cancelled 60 days or less before check-in date, then a 100% cancellation fee applies.
c. Same day cancellation will be considered a No Show and no refund will be available.
d. Any cancellation must be made in writing (email: firstname.lastname@example.org) and reconfirmed in writing by us before being considered a cancellation.
- For summer bookings where the check-in date occurs between April 27th 2024 and November 30th 2024 inclusive:
a. If the booking is cancelled more than 7 days before check-in date then no cancellation fee will be payable.
b. If the booking is cancelled between 2 and 7 days before check-in date then a 50% cancellation fee will be payable.
c. If the booking is cancelled 1 day before check-in date, then a 100% cancellation fee will be payable.
d. Same day cancellation will be considered a No Show and no refund will be available.
e. Any cancellation must be made in writing (email: email@example.com) and reconfirmed in writing by us before being considered a cancellation.
f. Any remittance fees incurred as part of a refund will be deducted from the refund.
- This cancellation policy does not apply to any long stay bookings, package bookings, event bookings (such as Jolly Fox Niseko) and for any guest services booked by H2 Group on your behalf.
CANCELLATION CONDITIONS FOR HAKULIFE COLLECTION BOOKINGS
- This policy applies for all bookings, regardless of the check-in date.
- If the booking is cancelled more than 90 days before check-in date the fee incurred is the 50% non-refundable deposit.
- If the booking is cancelled 90 days or less before check-in date, then a 100% cancellation fee applies.
- Same day cancellation will be considered a No Show and no refund will be available.
- Any cancellation must be made in writing (email: firstname.lastname@example.org) and reconfirmed in writing by us before being considered a cancellation.
3RD PARTY SERVICES
- There are various products and services which we can arrange on your behalf which are provided by 3rd party partners in the area. We are not responsible for the actions or liabilities undertaken for these 3rd party services.
- All Terms and Conditions for the 3rd party services are defined by the Terms & Conditions on their own websites or any channels that they may have put this information forth on. This includes any guest services booked on your behalf by H2 Group.
- Any cancellation fees incurred in relation to guest services booked on your behalf will be charged to you in full should H2 Group incur a cancellation fee from a 3rd party supplier. Please be advised that 3rd party suppliers’ cancellation policies come into immediate effect once booked by H2 Group, and not from when H2 Group provides details of the booking to the guest.
CHECK IN / OUT
- Check-in time is from 4:00pm and check-out time is 10:00am. All luggage must be removed at time of check-out.
- Early check-ins and late check-outs are chargeable and must be requested in advance. Early check-ins and late check-outs will be accommodated where the accommodation schedule allows. Early check-in cannot be guaranteed in advance, and late check-out requests can be confirmed the evening prior to the guest’s departure.
- A booking is only valid for the number of guests stated in the most recent booking confirmation issued by us. Exceeding the agreed upon number of guests will result in full cancellation without refund, or an extra charge of ¥20,000 per person, per night – to be decided by us upon consideration of the property and its capacity.
- Where a late check-out has not been confirmed in writing and the accommodation is not vacated by 10.00am, a late check-out fee of ¥20,000 will be charged for each hour or part thereof that the property is occupied after 10.00am.
- We reserve the right to enforce vacation of the property any time after the check-out time.
PASSPORT COPIES & CREDIT CARD DETAILS
- In compliance with Japanese Hotel Law, a copy of each guest’s passport must be taken on check-in.
- Valid credit card details including security code are required at check-in as a security deposit. Failure to do so will result in the reservation being cancelled without refund unless other arrangements are made with H2 Group.
- It is the responsibility of the guest to fill in the check-in document through the link provided by H2 Group.
ARRIVAL AND DEPARTURE TRANSFERS
- For Niseko bookings, H2 Group can assist with arrival and departure transfers between the Hirafu Welcome Center or Kutchan Train Station and the accommodation free of charge. This applies for the guest's arrival and departure from our accommodation only.
- For Furano bookings, H2 Group can assist with arrival and departure transfers between the Furano Train Station and the accommodation free of charge. This applies for the guest's arrival and departure from our accommodation only.
- This service is available from the 1st of December to the 30th of April, between the hours of 7am to 8pm.
- Where these transfers are requested, the guest is responsible for making the request at least 7 days before arrival and including the following airport transfer details: transfer provider, bus number, and scheduled arrival/departure time.
- H2 Group will confirm via email the ability to provide the transfer service. This service will not be guaranteed until confirmed by us in writing.
- H2 Group provides this service to assist our guests and reserves the right to refuse this service based on logistical difficulties.
CLEANING, LINEN AND TOWELS
- Depending on the property, rooms can be set up with either twin or double beds. Preferred bedding configurations must be advised in advance at time of booking.
- Where a bedding configuration is not supplied and a bedding configuration must be changed at the request of a guest, an amendment charge of ¥10,000 will be billed to the guest.
- Futons, baby cots and baby highchairs have additional costs beyond the basic accommodation fee. These services are included free of charge for our Luxury and HakuLife Collection properties (subject to availability and need to be pre-booked at least 60 days prior to the check-in date). Futons are only available at some properties, as determined by maximum occupancy legally permitted for the property, and their availability should be confirmed in advance with our reservations staff.
- The accommodation will be clean and tidy and have fresh towels and linen at the commencement of each booking.
- Complimentary hand soap, body soap, shampoo, clothes detergent, dish detergent and sponges will be provided at the commencement of each booking.
- Other than check-in and check-out cleaning, housekeeping is not provided for properties in our Signature Collection.
- At time of check-out, guests are to ensure the accommodation is reasonably tidy, rubbish is separated appropriately in the bins provided, kitchen and dining utensils are washed or in an operating dishwasher, and furniture and chattels replaced to their original position. Excess cleaning costs will be charged to the guest’s credit card where this is not the case.
- Parking places are only available at some properties and should be confirmed in advance with our Reservations Team. When car parking at the accommodation is available, it is available for use only from time of check-in and is not available for use after check-out.
- Neither H2 Group nor the accommodation owner shall be liable for the custody of the vehicle of the guest when the guest utilizes any parking area provided by H2 Group, as it shall be regarded that H2 Group simply offers the space for parking.
DAMAGE TO PROPERTIES, FIXTURES AND FITTINGS, KEYS, AND SECURITY DEPOSIT
- Guests must accept responsibility for loss and damage to the accommodation, fittings, furniture, keys and other chattels during occupation.
- Guests will be charged up to ¥10,000 for each lost or damaged key.
- Valid credit card details including security code are required at check-in as a security deposit. Non-compliance will result in a booking cancellation with no refund.
- In the case of loss or damage to the accommodation, fittings, furniture, keys and other chattels during occupation, the guest’s credit card will be charged.
- Guests are not permitted to sub-let the accommodation, receive any income from other guests staying at the accommodation, or to advertise or promote the property to others. H2 Group monitors digital media for these activities.
- Non-compliance will result in a booking cancellation with no refund. Assistance sourcing alternative accommodation will not be provided by H2 Group.
- No pets are allowed at any accommodation, either inside, outside or remaining in vehicles parked at the accommodation unless granted written permission by H2 Group.
- All H2 Group managed properties and vehicles are strictly non-smoking. This includes balconies and common areas in apartment buildings. Some properties do not have an outside covered smoking area.
- If guests smoke in the accommodation, an immediate ¥500,000 fine will be charged, and H2 Group reserves the right to evict the group or any individual from the accommodation without notice or refund. In addition, H2 Group reserves the right to charge the cost to upgrade the next scheduled booking in the same accommodation.
- For the HakuLife Collection, violation of the non-smoking policy will result in a cleaning and service charge of 100% of rental charges for the stay. This is due to the need to keep the property vacant for one week while professional cleaners remove smoke from the property. HakuLife Collection properties have designated outdoor smoking areas which will be highlighted at check-in.
- H2 Group reserves the right to cancel any booking and evict guests from their accommodation without notice or refund for any of the following:
a. smoking inside the accommodation or common areas in apartment buildings;
b. subletting or reselling the accommodation;
c. inhabiting the accommodation after the check-out time;
d. using the accommodation for any purpose other than accommodation, such as parties, business or commercial photography without prior approval;
e. behaviour deemed by H2 Group to be threatening, dangerous, or excessively disruptive to other guests including verbal or physical abuse, acts of violence, or disorderly behaviour;
f. causing excessive damage to the accommodation or other property, as deemed by H2 Group;
g. undertaking illegal activities in the accommodation or surrounds; or,
h. when H2 Group is unable to provide accommodation due to natural calamities and/or force majeure.
- Assistance sourcing alternative accommodation will not be provided by H2 Group for cancelations or evictions other than when due to natural calamities and/or force majeure.
TRAVEL INSURANCE AND LIABILITY
- We strongly recommend guests obtain travel insurance. It is the guest’s responsibility to protect themselves against all travel risks including loss of personal belongings, public liability, injury, medical expenses and cancellation or change of booking dates.
- We expect guests to protect themselves with appropriate travel insurance which they arrange at the time they pay their booking deposit. This is recommended to cover against all risks of travel, including the possibility of having to cancel a holiday or alter travel dates.
- We operate wholly in Japan and the law of Japan applies to all services provided.
- Subject to Japanese Law we, our agents and principals are not liable for any loss, damage, delay, consequential loss, injury or death resulting from any act, alteration or omission by us, our agents or principals, any third party, act of god or other circumstances.
- Under no circumstances can H2 Group or its partners or any of the property owners be held responsible for snow or weather conditions and cancellations made thereafter. Holidays cannot be cancelled other than in accordance with the cancellation policy detailed in this document.
SPECIAL OFFERS & DISCOUNTS
- All specials, promotions and discounts advertised for holiday stays are subject to availability and can be removed by H2 Group and its partners subject to availability.
CHANGES, RESPONSIBILITY & FURTHER
- In providing booking services H2 Group or its partners acts as an agent for various property owners and we do not accept or undertake any personal liability when acting in this capacity.
- No responsibility or liability is accepted or undertaken by H2 Group, its partners, its employees, agents or contractors for any death, injury, accident, damage to personal property (including baggage) or any other matter arising from any act, omission or thing outside of their control.
- H2 Group or its partners reserves the right to cancel any booking should anything arise, which in our opinion absolutely renders the booking impractical. In such an event, we shall notify you as soon as possible and do our best to arrange alternative accommodation or alternative dates suitable, failing which all deposit monies paid will be refunded, but no other claim, right or action shall exist in or be made by either party.
- Premises are let for holiday purposes only for the period stated on your letter/receipt issued by H2 Group or its partners but may be subject to change as may be notified by the owner prior to the commencement of the booking. All advance deposits are accepted on behalf of the current owner, however we will not accept responsibility for decisions, actions or arrangements taken by the current owners of the premises or any other body which is outside our control.
- All information in respect of goods and services offered, including prices, is subject to alteration or withdrawal without notice. H2 Group and its partners have the right to alter, amend or cancel all or any arrangements or prices in regard to accommodation.
- In addition to the terms and conditions set out above, any booking is subject to further terms and conditions as advised at the time of booking or as may be displayed at the time of utilization of the item or service. Any provision of, or the application of any provision of, these terms and conditions which is void, illegal or unenforceable in any jurisdiction does not affect the validity, legality or enforceability of that provision in any other jurisdiction or of the remaining provisions in that or any other jurisdiction.